Thursday, October 28, 2010

Can African American women use hot rollers?

My hairdresser fusses with me everytime I see her because I blow dry my hair and curl it with a curling iron every morning. She says its breaking my hair off. I have shoulder length hair but want more length. My head sweats at night so I have to straighten it out and recurl my hair. She suggested that I roll my hair but in order to do that I have to have my hair strightened with the blow dryer. I thought hot rollers may be another thing to use but I don't know anything about them. looking for advise on how to use, are they damaging to African American hair, and a suggestion for a brand.Can African American women use hot rollers?
In time this to will cause damage but it what is called mechnical. if you have a sally's beauty store near you they sell this awesome set that has an assortment of sizes but it does cost alot around 70 near me, you can get a sally's card which gives you a discount but im not sure how much, but its a great place to pick stuff up. have you thought about just getting a wet set on your hair? its what usually elderly woman get but those can give you curls for days with only a touch up here and there that you could do withyour curling iron. Do you have a relaxer in your hair? if not i would get one-would help with the time and energy plus save your arms from falling asleep while you are blowdrying and rolling....Can African American women use hot rollers?
I recently purchased hot rollers at sally's beauty supply and i believe that its probably more healthy for african american hair because u r using rollers as opposed to a curling iron. The hot rollers don't damage my hair nearly as much as my curling iron.

Report Abuse


Hi,



You'll probably find that rollers will do less damage in the long term than the straighteners.



If you could find a way not to have to straighten it every day, but only when you wash it, that might be a better option.



Either way, make sure you use some good products to help protect your hair from the heat.
Hot rollers can be used by African American women and they don't do as much damage as curling irons.
No. But black women can. I know several that have.
Yes and caruso is a very good brand and they are not damaging to the hair. Steam is used and you roll the hair as you would a roller set.
sure, why not

No comments:

Post a Comment