Thursday, October 28, 2010

My hair is too thick to curl?

Okay, so when I try to curl my hair with either a thin or think curling iron or hot rollers, IT NEVER WORKS. I mean, it sort of works, but even as soon as I finish, it looks like it has been curled 12 hours ago and barely has any curl left.

My hair is extremly thick and coarse. One strand of my hair is equal to like, two and a half strands of a normals person's hair. Not even exagerating.

If I want it to last maybe an hour, I have to douse it with hairspray, but then it gets super hard and all you can smell on me is hairspray. And it NEVER lasts any longer than that.

I don't have any previous product in before I curl, and my hair is clean and dry.



How can I make my thick, coarse hair like this:



http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4759415/112559-main_Full.jpg



Curl like this?



http://www.haircutshairstyles.com/img/photos/full/2009-02/ashley_greene_long_curly_hairstyle175.jpg





And last all (or most of) the school day?



How do I do it and what do I use?

What iron should I use?My hair is too thick to curl?
I got you on this one.

My hair is extremeeely thick, and it never, and i mean never curls.

But ive finally found a solution(:



Ok first, make sure your hairs completely dry, and put a tiny bit of conditioning cream

in it to make it nice and silky. then curl it using a straightner. If you dont know how,

use this video ---%26gt; to show you the direction to twist the straightner. its alot easier than

it looks, i promise. after each strand is curled, put a little dab of paste in it.

( i use http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21zyI3wLm3L._SL500_AA200_.jpg )

then take that curl, scrunch it up again, spray it with one pump.

( i use http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/upload/sprunch-sp-pump-12.jpg )

and then let it go. finish your whole head ( i usually do mine in 2 layers )

and then spray it lightly with hairspray. Since you only use a tiny bit of each product,

your curls will look natural and flowing.

I know it sounds long and complicated, but i promise it works.

And for me, its the only thing that works.



(: i hope i helped.My hair is too thick to curl?
* Wash your hair thoroughly, to remove the prospective resistance to curls, like dirt, oil or styling products that you had applied on your hair. Apply conditioner over it, to make it easy to handle.

* Make sure your hair is completely dry, before you start curling it, as wet hair does not hold curls for long. If you are getting late for the party, blow dry them, but don鈥檛 overdo it.

* Comb your hair thoroughly, so that frizzes don鈥檛 hinder the curling procedure.

* Take a thin barreled curling iron for curling your hair. Employ the one with settings up to 25, as it is required for curling thick hair.

* Heat the curling iron till it completely heats up and becomes appropriate for curling.

* Brush your hair thoroughly, so that it becomes free from tangles and snarls.

* Now, take thin sections of hair, at a time, to curl. Roll the first section of hair with the help of curling iron and hold it for 35 seconds. This will produce a nice ringlet in your hair.

* Like this, repeat the procedure with all the other sections around your head. This way, your hair will have nice curls in 10 minutes.

* In case you wish to keep the curls for a longer time, apply a spray gel or mousse, while towel drying your hair.



How to Curl Thick Hair With A Straightener
Haha sounds like your describing my hair.

I started using tresemme's new line of thermal creations products.

The curl activator spray really seems to be working for me.

I spray the strand (usually I part my hair down the middle and then group it in small sections), and then curl it, wait about 30 seconds and to-dah :]

It takes a while because I have a lot of hair, but it turns out really cute.Here's the tresemme spray I mentioned, it's also available in Giant (the food store) and pretty much everywhere!



http://www.tresemme.com/heat/products/cu鈥?/a>



Oh yeah, I usually do this in the morning before school and it lasts throughout the day.

I also use a thin curling iron (about 1-1.5 inch)
  • buy web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment