Sunday, November 14, 2010

How can I tame the frizzies in my hair without making it stiff?

I have shoulder length hair that is very wavy when it dries naturally. It is the type of wave you would get if you put tight, 1'; wide braids all over your head while your hair was wet and let it dry that way. My hair is not all that thick, but it's relatively coarse and it frizzes very easily. When I let it dry naturally, with no product in it, it's shiny and it moves freely, but there is no ';style'; to it. It looks like it's stuck to my head, then the rest looks like a pitiful, washed-out 1980's perm.



When I use a hair dryer, a round brush, and styling products, it always looks stiff, and within 10 minutes of drying, it inevitably starts to frizz and looks fried. I've tried not drying it all the way, but that just makes the frizzing much worse. I've tried using a flat iron, but all that did was make it look thin and stiff. I've used a 2'; curling iron after drying to get larger, smoother curls, and they look great for maybe an hour or so. Then the curls fall away, and my hair just looks limp and sad. Same thing with hot rollers, only the curls don't even last an hour.



Please, if anybody knows of any products (styling products and hardware) that might be worth trying for my type of hair, please let me know. I just want smooth hair with some body in it, that doesn't look stiff and over-cooked.How can I tame the frizzies in my hair without making it stiff?
ask at a pro hair salon or shop for help.

use anti frizz shampoo and conditioner. make a hair mask with warm olive oil once in a week - it works wonders for me! it makes my hair very smooth, silky and soft!( wash out with shampoo and use conditioner as regular).

i would invest in high quality brands.

use heat protectant when styling so u dont fry ur hair!! and anti frizz leave in lotion but spare the top of ur head.

treat ur hair VERY gently! also its better to have puffy, big healthy looking hair than a stick to ur head look. so dont be emberassed of it!

look up '; hair frizzy tips'; or ';hair frizzy problem'; and look on youtube for help.

remember to not use too many leave in hair products at once cause they make ur hair stiff or sticky like hair spray! I used to be addicted to it but wen i ran out once i realized my hair is better off without it! also dont damage it by applying heat to it too offen!! go to a hair salon and ask what hairstyle would fit you. theyll love to help you!!



another option would be curl defining products(shampoo, conditioner, leave in lotion) especially for curly hairHow can I tame the frizzies in my hair without making it stiff?
yes, unfortunately you have a unmanageable type of hair. try using skinny serum by paul mitchell, silk drops by biosilk or even a hydrating leave in conditioner.
Ok. so when u get out of your shower, put some mousse in it, not a lot, but put some in randomly and scrunch it in your fingers. This will give u waves but not frizz cuz the mousse holds it together a little bit. If u do have frizz then try some anto-frizzing shampoo along with the mousse after a shower. Plus this is a super cute look!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment