Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Limited budget wedding in 2 months, can it be done?

My husband and I are going on a cruise in March. We'll be going to Key West and the Bahamas. We've decided to renew our vows in Key West since we never got a real ceremony. I'm going to do white flop flops. I also plan on getting a mani-pedi before I go. So that will be included in the budget. My total budget on the wedding is no more than $700.

We've already found a place that will do it for $200. We'll only have about 5-10 guests. I'm not doing the bridesmaids thing either. I want it as simple as possible. Although I want one thing... a wedding gown.

My husband will be wearing his dress blues. My budget for the gown is $100. I'm trying to get out of doing alterations if possible. I need it by March 5th at the latest. I'm also very petite. I wear a size zero and I'm only 5'1';. I'd like a strapless or halter gown. Little or no train, since it will be on the beach. I found the perfect gown at David's Bridal, but sadly it wouldn't be in on time. I like the dresses with little bits of color. But, it's not a must. If I do get something with color, the ones I like are red, light blue, or light pink.

Some of the minor things I need/want; a 40's style hairstyle. Kind of like Uma Thurman in The Producers or Rachel McAdams in the Notebook. If that doesn't work I would do one of these 2 styles:

http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image鈥?/a>

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image鈥?/a>

A little problem with this is if there isn't a salon on the ship I'll have to do it myself. I'm not to skilled with a curling iron, will curlers or hot rollers work? My hair doesn't hold curl very well, so I'll probably end up doing it about an hour before we leave. Our ship arrives in Key West at 7am and the wedding place opens at 9, giving me a 2-hour gap to figure it all out.

I really would like a veil. If I have my hair like that, I'm not sure where to position the veil. I'm making the veil myself to save money. I bought this really pretty but inexpensive hair clip at claires. It has little crystal things on it. I'm going to buy some tule at a fabric store and hot glue it to the hair clip. I looked up how to do it online. It looks really easy.

One of the other big things I would like to have, but isn't necessary, is a bouquet. I'm hoping there will be a flower shop either on the ship or in town. I'd like a mix of red roses and stargazer lilies. This is a perfect mix of flowers.

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image鈥?/a>

The only thing I would do different with that is instead of having the ribbon in a bow, I'd just wrap it around the stems with a red or pink ribbon. I'm already prepared to spend alot on flowers. I know they can be expensive. I might stop at $100 though.

If you guys have any suggestions, tips or pictures I could really use the help, Thanks!Limited budget wedding in 2 months, can it be done?
http://www.nexteve.com/shop/ballgowns/F6鈥?/a>



http://www.nexteve.com/shop/evening-dres鈥?/a>



http://www.nexteve.com/shop/ballgowns/ro鈥?/a>



http://www.nexteve.com/shop/cocktail-dre鈥?/a>



http://www.nexteve.com/shop/evening-dres鈥?/a>



http://www.nexteve.com/shop/ballgowns/F6鈥?/a>



http://www.nexteve.com/shop/prom-gowns/F鈥?/a>



http://www.nexteve.com/shop/evening-dres鈥?/a>



http://www.nexteve.com/shop/ballgowns/F6鈥?/a>



http://www.nexteve.com/shop/ballgowns/F6鈥?/a>Limited budget wedding in 2 months, can it be done?
You shouldn't have a problem - and there is a salon on just about every cruise ship so I wouldn't worry about that either. Allow $100. for the updo - the ship salon's are pricey. Flowers you should be able to find easily enough - bring the bouquet along with you and ask that it be kept in a fridge if that's at all possible - you can also make your own out of silk flowers if you want. The dress sounds like your biggest challenge - check out the prom section of department stores also - this time of year those start getting stocked pretty well and I've seen lots of white dresses in the past.
I will worn you, it gets hot and humid in the keys, yes, even in March. So, if you plan on curling your hair, wash your hair with curling shampoos, use curl activator products and use a mouse before your curl your hair. Then when you're done, spray it with hair spray, I know that sounds like a lot, but its needed.
First CONGRATS. Now with the dress I found my dress at a small hip clothing store. They are known for their tees and male pants. They however have a side rack with very nice CHEAP party dresses. I found my wedding dress for $75. When I told the cashier what it was for she gave me her discount and I got it for $50. Now is the time to look at resale shops, consignment shops, even places like JC Penny. They have a lot of dresses from Christmas that they are getting rid of. Quite a few white ones at that.



With the hair you stated you will have some guest with you. Why not ask another female to help with your hair. Then they will also feel like they got to take part in the wedding. Just make sure that you have your necessities with you on a carry on bag. My boss just went on a cruise and they check your bags at the dock. She did not have her bag till after 2 pm. This may be something to look into. Make sure you have everything you need.



Good luck.
A few suggestions:



Go to a dollar store and scan every aisle for things from bobby pins, to oasis for flowers. You never know what you find there!



Get a duffle bag ready with hairspray, brush, makeup, etc.



Get a clip on hair (usually $30) and this way, just design the front of your hair with some ringlets and put the rest in a small bun and clip the fake hair on top... no frizz this way...



OR... look up hairstyle instructions and makeup instructions on youtube



The hairstyle with hillary duff is pretty easy if you just get foam rollers and put on in small sections and leave them on for as long as possible, do half your makeup then take them off and slowly.



For bouquet, get a bouquet oasis ($15), wrap a ribbon on it, buy 12 roses. Leave the oasis in water for a while, then cut the roses to a short length and pluck them in. Make his bout with floral tape or wire and the roses. Or just buy 12 roses and some floral tape and ribbon and start with three roses, wrap with a bit of floral tape, and fill in one more on each side, more floral tape and so on.. leave one rose for his bout. If you're going with lilies, then maybe the oasis would be better to keep the flowers hydrated.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WMR6mTFM鈥?/a>



https://www.raysflorist.co.uk/Rays_Flori鈥?/a>





Good luck
go to davids bridal they have a $99 sale right now. or even head to a department store like jc penny and look at their prom and formal dresses. and for the bouquet there probably is a street floral vendor around there or just pick some flowers who cares if it comes from someones garden lol or you could make a bouquet out of silk flowers before you head off. about the hair maybe one of the guest going with you could help you out. good luck and hope you have fun!
yes you could totally do that for $700. the second hair style is so elegant and simple but pretty. the flowers are beautiful. you could try looking on ebay for your dress, there are usually lots of choices and colors. you might even be able to find some of those flip flops with the pretty jewels on them, they would be a little more fancy and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment