Friday, November 19, 2010

How to get Blake Lively's wavy hair?

How can I get her soft, loose waves but still have them hold? I have long (but not as long as hers) and thick hair. When I scrunch it it just gets frizzy with crazy (unflattering) volume. So I'd like to straighten it and use a hot tool to get it that way. Should I use a curling iron? If so what size and how? Hot rollers? Or a 3 barrel waver?How to get Blake Lively's wavy hair?
I have hair similar to Blake's and the best advice I can give you is this. Braid your hair into three braids, one on each side and one in the back. Then use a hair straightener to go over the braids. This seals in the waves. You may want to spray the braids with a heat protector first to protect against drying out or frizzing your hair.

After a little while undo the braids, spray with a beach wave spray (like John Frieda 'By the Sea' or Fekkai 'Summer Hair Beach Waves'...you can also find some at a local drugstore if you want a cheap one.)

Gently tossle your hair. Don't scrunch because it will cause frizz. Spray with a little hairspray.

Everyone's hair is different but this technique tends to work well on all my friends and myself. Good luck! Hope this advice helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment