Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Quickest way to get waves/curls?

I have long thick black hair. It's almost down to the middle of my back. Its straight but can be a little bit wavy at times. I want to know the best and quick way to get curls and wavy hair. For some reason I hate curling irons AND I suck at curling my own hair with one. I can curl other peoples but not mine.



And I should add that when I get my hair curled with a curling iron by my girlfriend my curls stay for days and days if I dont wash my hair. My curls have stayed in my hair for up to 5 days. I just want to know how to get my hair curly or wavy on my own. So I dont have to keep counting on her to do my hair everytime we go out.



I got those velcro rollers but I got them way to big so they dont curl or wave my hair at all. I thought about getting those hot rollers. Or is there any other suggestions out there from you thick haired straight headed girls? :)Quickest way to get waves/curls?
I dont like to burn my hair, i like the nice shine it has to it. So i just do the cheap version of wavy hair and it looks just as great as the curling iron. Sometimes i'll braid my hair in the night, add a little mousse to it, so in the morning i take out the braids and my hair is already wavy. Also, i curl my hair without a curling iron, my hair is really straight and hard to curl with an iron, so i cut a shirt into hot dog size pieces and get a paper bag and cut pieces that can go around the piece of shirt. Then you wrap the paper on the pieces of shirt (~-~) It should have two pieces hanging out so that when you try wraping your hair like if you have rollers, you tie the ends. Its really simple, make as many pieces as your hair needs, leave it over night. and the curls last all day! I PROMISEQuickest way to get waves/curls?
Well, i have short hair and this worked for me so it would definently would work for you. Braid you hair over night and sleep with braids on. After some time in the morning, unroll the braids and your hair will be as curly as can be! Just try it!
you can get a perm?
try the spongy curls that you put in your hair after the shower and keep them there before they dry. or put it in a bun the night before, while its still wet. other than that, i think you are going to have to use a little heat-like from hot curls
when yur done taking a shower put like curly gel in yur hair and make yur hair into a bun. wake up the next say and take it out. thats wht i do. and scrunch it sum more.
OK so I am going to give you a few tips I have long think hair and I am very versatile with my hair I do it curly and straight but my hair is wavy originally.



1.First step wash hair and towel dry

2. if your hair is starting to frizz up as it dries add some more water to it

3. Comb hair make sure you have no tangles in it

3.Use hair gel I find dippty do gel works best and it is very inexpensive http://www.medshopexpress.com/065505.htm鈥?/a>

4.Start putting gel all over your hair and comb through the gel so it gets every single strand of hair you need to use allot of gel since you have long thick hair and keep combing through it

5, Add hair spray on your head.

6. Clip your hair up and leave it for a min of 20 mins. During this time do your make up...eyebrows nails ect.....

7.Blow dryer..... get your blow dryer but make sure you have the diffuser as well that will be the next step and un clip hair blow dry your hair at low heat with the nozzle on. and just wave the blow dryer over the roots of your hair. just to get the top of your head dry That way it dryers faster.

8. Attach the Diffuser to blow dryer and flip your head forward and start Diffusing your hair letting the diffuser grab parts of your hair and use it in a circular motion do this on your whole head till dry. http://www.folica.com/Diffusers__187_1.h鈥?/a>

9. Final step add a Little more hair spray and you are ready to go

I know you mentioned you don't like using a curling iron on your own head but you can go over some of the front if you have bangs or shorter layers at the front. it will give it a bit more volume and really cute curlys
Try using a flat iron. Start at the root and drag the flat iron at an angle...Like you would if you wanted to flip out the ends of short hair. It kind of works like when you curl ribbon.



Try that and see if it works.
You can use soft curlers in your hair. I use them and them look cute. You can even sleep with them. Another way is to wash your hair right before you go to bed and then put it into a braid or two. Then take them out the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment