Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Perm questions?

Hi everyone... my hair is about 4 inches below my shoulders at the moment and heavily layered. It's always been very straightish but I need to use a straightening iron to get that sleek straight look if you know what I mean and if I curl it with a curling iron or hot rollers, the curls just drop out in a few hours. Anyway... I am seriously thinking about getting a perm and just going for some loose waves/curls and then maybe using an iron or hot rollers when I want a more defined curl.



Has anyone had any experience with hair that length? How long does it take, cost etc? And what is the upkeep like? Will I need to roll it to have a style or can I just let it dry into a curl/wave?



Oh and is there a type of perm you'd recommend?



Any feedback would be great.



Thanks



AmandaPerm questions?
well my mom has been a great hair dresser 4 about 25 years and said that........the perm its self takes couple hours.......you CAN'T brush it you MUST pick it out or else you perm start to kinda fall out.....style when its wet........leave a little conditioner on the ends.....use some product when styling.......no you don't have to style......talk to your hair dresser about $ it varies w/ place and experience........for the type if perm i would also talk to your hair dresser maybe look at the curlers to see what size they are and what size you would want in your hair.......any good hair dresser should be able to advise you on what type of perm to get......don't ask them to pick for you because allot of times they don't know what you want unless you tell them

Tips:

Come in w/ a pic of what you might want it to look like(don't expect it to be exactly the same)

Go to different salons and price the perms

Ask them if they have before and after shots of things that they have done

Ask you friends if they know of any good hair dressers



Good luckPerm questions?
Dunno I'm a boy.
I've had my hair permed twice and I loved it. But if your hair doesn't hold a curl at all, I wouldn't recommend getting just a wave or loose curl. Your hair might not take to it, and then you'll end up paying more money to fix it. Either go tighter or just keep your straight curls. Another really cool trick is if you get a really good gel and hairspray. When you get out of the shower, flip your head upside down, and start scrunching your hair with some gel. Keep scrunching until you get it as curly as you want it. Then hair spray it and let it dry. It's cute if you do it right, but make sure you use a good moisturizer on your hair because this really dries your hair out if you don't
My hair is that long as well. I wouldn't get a perm I have naturally curly hair that I usually straighten. But what I have found that works is Aussie FREEZE spray. It's amazing. I'll give a small quick little spray then roll or curl my hair be sure to let it completely cool down that is the trick. Then I let the curlers out and leave them tightly spiraled. Spray them again. Let it dry then shake out my whole head at the same time. I also use 3 sets of curler at one time. Longer hair takes up more room on one curler so you have to do smaller sections. Get what I'm saying. Good luck.
Once you perm it you decide how maintain the styles, but truthfully you will only have to curl your hair like 3 times a week. For a first perom try botonicals, no lye- it's an herbal relaxer and soft on the hair.
i was like u a month ago..exactly in the same situation..but i did got a perm..and i awfully love it....it might take u longer to get the chemical into the hair...also, consider ur face shape..sometimes the perm make u look older and less pretty
wtf r u thinkin do not evwn try dat **** no nah yo dun play wit perm if ya hair iz staright already ya hair iz jus gunna drop out n i should noe n n e waii if u want ya hair 2 luk all nice n shiny n in curls then over night put curlers in n spray on da kinda spray dat keeps da hair in place n keeps it in its hair style n if u want a nice shine i recommend olive oil spray dat iz very gudd

No comments:

Post a Comment